What are the benefits of using Sub Templates, and how do you set them up?
When using a Sub Templet you get the benefit of only transferring entities, from your Master to your Subscriber, which are being used by the Parent Template. In the case of transferring Default Dimensions (DD) used on the Chart of Accounts (CoA), you will need to only transfer the DD on accounts that are within the filter found on the CoA Template (Not Blocked). If this is not done, it would result in an error when transferring DD that do not have an account to connect to on the Subscriber level.
This is why we have introduced the Parent/Sub Template term and feature so you can be sure that you only transfer data that is needed.
- Create your template, adding the Code, Description, Table ID, and so on. The important part here is that you set it to Type Sub Template and then Released, before moving on to linking it to a Parent Template.
- Go to the desired Parent Template, type Normal Template, and set it to status Under Development
- To add the SubTemplate, go to Setup --> Subordinary Data Template
- Select your Subordinary Data Template, and go to Setup Relation Filters
- Enter the fields that link your Parent Template to your Sub Template
- On the Data Template list, you can now see that the templates are linked