Rental Management is for rental and leasing companies who would like to manage their equipment inventory with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
The Rental Management app enables you to select items as "Rental Items", rent or lease them to customers on a regular Sales Order, and draw on all the Business Central functionality for planning, availability, reservations, warehouse management with locations, serial numbers etc.
This app supports all the steps of your rental process:
- You have a Rental Item with 10 pieces in stock. You can put them on specific locations or just have them in stock.
- Your customer would like to rent 2, and you add them to a regular Sales Order, along with other regular items. You can have machine rentals and consumable materials on the same order.
- On the Sales Order Line you enter a start-date and a end-date for the rental period.
- If you use an availability tool like the free app Graphical Inventory Profile, you can right away see, if the rental item is available in the requested period.
- The app now converts the item lines on the Sales Order to resource lines. The rental prices are managed on regular resources in Business Central. Behind the scenes, the app also creates Transfer Orders for the specified dates. This is really clever.
- The Rental Category is configured to use maybe days or months as unit of measure, and the rental prices is calculated by the unit of measure, but on the Sales Order you can adjust this as you like.
- Your warehouse ships the entire order without worrying about which items are sold or rented. You might ship hundreds of items on a pallet, and some of them might be Rental Items. All types of items are handled in the same way in the warehouse.
- You can invoice the rental, when it is completed. You can also initiate an invoicing batch job, or schedule it for once a month or week.